Its one thing to know who is our neighbour, its another thing entirely to know how they are. This one day conference: How is my Neighbour: Developing Livable communities by Livability looks great.
Across our communities trust is eroding, stress is increasing and inequality is on the up. Across the UK more people are reporting a reduction in their economic, health, social and spiritual wellbeing. This is made even worse as global corporations tell us that happiness means consuming more and sharing less. However, our children are the unhappiest in Europe.
As a nation we are richer and better connected than ever. With ‘friends’ easily accessible on the web our neighbourhoods trust is eroding, stress is increasing and inequality is on the increase. How do we love our neighbours when we don’t know who or how they are? 5 million people aged over 60 say they now consider the television to be their only source of company.
The day will include:
- Plenary session on a theology of Livable communities and rediscovering shalom in the 21st Century.
- 8 inspiring presentations on models of intervention to increase wellbeing in our communities.
- A 60 minute taster of Livability’s new Happiness Course for community groups
- An exciting and interactive exhibition of organizations with resources to help your work
- Creative networking opportunities throughout the day
- Tools for you to take away and utilise in your own context